View Profile IceDragon64

All 1,068 Movie Reviews

385 w/ Responses

Congratulations Noogai !

I have been gone a long time and on my return I see that much has changed on NG, but you are still there in the top 50.

Yes, it DOES stay true to the original spirit and appeal. The sounds, animation, story, music and everything is right up there. Seriously, if there was anything I would change, I would tell you.

Sorry, doesn't make sense to me. Sounds OK, animation reasonable.

Please improve spelling, have proper end and credits. This is surely just an alpha and not fit for submission yet. Please work on it.

cubehead165 responds:

to be honest your right I need to put much more time into this things and stop stalling!
thanks for your help though!

Yes, this makes sense. I don't even go out much on New Year's myself, but I can see that it would be as you describe.

A bit of colour would be nice, of course, and the animation isn't exactly ambitious, but its OK.

The sound is all good, I can hear every word and the voices did the job. Were they all you?

Are there no friends or family you could see? That is probably a better way and don't forget to phone some older relative that might not see or hear from anyone for New Year's- I have a small sherry with my Mum and know that even if I am not being "cool" she is happy and THAT is more important :)

COAEM responds:

hey, awesome I'm glad that the points came across well or was funny to people that may not have experienced them for there selfs.

I'm probably going to keep the black and white and save the colours for things like blood, crap, water ect. but im happy for the feedback

yep all the voices where done by me!

Normally i just hangout with my mates and the family all go to bed or are doing their own thing but your new years eve sounds pretty sweet!

I assume this style parodies some games- I'm not into that, so bad luck I don't get it, but its OK.
Its got some scraps of humour and a bit of story, the sound , art and animation are OK. I got a bit bored during the fight- its like watching someone else play a video game, but I could see the skills involved in making all those fight images work.
Generally the text is OK- getting the timing right is not easy.
The text in blue at the end doesn't work because I couldn't read it against the background and the black bit at the end was too long.
You should definately continue with this, it has potential, although to be honest I wouldn't be specially looking for it, as it is not my cup of tea.

WindMASTAH responds:

It's no parody of any.... style in terms of animation style. I never really had inspirations for my current animating style that i use today. And in terms of text errors i've noticed them but haven't corrected them as i've made this when i first started making sprite animations. I felt that i should leave in the errors so that when i do make more up to date sprite animations my skill level and progress are clearly shown and differentiate between the past and now. And if it doesn't suite you that's fine, i just make it for my own leisure.

Jeeez- weird! I haven't been to NG in a looong time and I'm glad to see that random weird is still here. Pork rinds. who would have guessed?
I enjoyed the random unpredictability of the story. The art was adequate for the story etc. the animation was good. The sound was good with some great moments- like the stop/start of the car window and the scrape of the car side. Having experienced that bit where you know that your car is scraping, but you just have to drive and get out of it- yeah.
Some really dark moments. Really dark is OK.
Nothing really wrong with it but the girl's voice sounds a bit too inside rather than outside. Keep going, Bro.

happyclaw responds:

Thanks bro! Will do.

This has got to be the highest rating I have ever given a short loop with no actual animation.

The pictures are great and the voices are GREAT- the humour made me slightly LOL. I am still listening to this as I write, and still smiling. I think I might go to bed with these voices in my head. I SO hope the Soup Squad see and adopt this!

Hated the "walking", please animate some basic loop of walking. Liked the voices, liked the random inanimate objects talking. So-so puns, liked the "brain-storm" a lot.
Whatever happened to him being a stretchy man?
OK, have checked out your work. Yes, its quite good but no, you are not in any way Notable enough to get a Page on Wikigrounds- yet ;)

Megacharlie159 responds:

Thanks! :D Also I know about the Wikigrounds thing. XD

I'm working on a new episode while I write this, so yeah!
This new episode I'm making is a huge improvement over even episode 3!

It should be out idk when but it will be good.

Thanks for the review!

Very crude and unattractive with minimal sound and not interesting to me at all, but still a full story with the basics I require to pass it keeping on NG.
If you know how to put sound on then why don't you put a few more on instead of just a dull repetative soundtrack?

Its is good enough quality for a teaser, but I don't like teasers- People wind us up with teasers and no finished film. As it is I don't really understand the story, so I hope it will make sense when it is finished. Of course the sound, talking and animation are fine, but HURRY UP AND FINISH IT- then get on and DO OUR FILM as you promised so long ago!

manuelberja responds:

That's a quick judgement for you, This film is already finished, about a year ago. published to my website not too long ago, i will upload it here as long as the national competition of my country ends.

sent you a reply regarding our project. but just to be clear, i did not promise anything. you will be credited as the original author and I will be the producer. this is unpaid project. just saying.

This has some effort and potential, but needs work.

the Sound is OK and the music is good.
The animation is limited and uninspiring but does the job.
The plot etc is simple but quite thoughtful. Is there a connection between the intro story and the rest of it? The artwork with those building looks good though slightly fuzzy, then its just matchstick men, which is a disappointment.

What really bugged me is that the text is so hard to read. Most came up dark with the dark man in front of it. I tried 3 times to read it, finally reading most of it, including the spelling mistake.

MattmanProductionsTM responds:

Right, I am definatley doing a remake. Please review and see how you like it then. It should be submitted by the 20th of may or earlier. Thanks for the review.

Part of the Dragon & Spirit Alliance. My DS Halloween & Christmas Quizzes are in the 2006 Collections- Yay! Please view and review my flash. I always reply and I often use suggestions.

Andrew Irvine @IceDragon64