IceDragon64IceDragon64

Main News Movies Games Favorites Reviews Stats 10 Fans

Wtf Adventures episode 1 "A meeting of friends." Wtf Adventures episode 1 "A meeting of friends."

I assume this style parodies some games- I'm not into that, so bad luck I don't get it, but its OK.
Its got some scraps of humour and a bit of story, the sound , art and animation are OK. I got a bit bored during the fight- its like watching someone else play a video game, but I could see the skills involved in making all those fight images work.
Generally the text is OK- getting the timing right is not easy.
The text in blue at the end doesn't work because I couldn't read it against the background and the black bit at the end was too long.
You should definately continue with this, it has potential, although to be honest I wouldn't be specially looking for it, as it is not my cup of tea.

WindMASTAH responds:

It's no parody of any.... style in terms of animation style. I never really had inspirations for my current animating style that i use today. And in terms of text errors i've noticed them but haven't corrected them as i've made this when i first started making sprite animations. I felt that i should leave in the errors so that when i do make more up to date sprite animations my skill level and progress are clearly shown and differentiate between the past and now. And if it doesn't suite you that's fine, i just make it for my own leisure.

Porkrinds Porkrinds

Jeeez- weird! I haven't been to NG in a looong time and I'm glad to see that random weird is still here. Pork rinds. who would have guessed?
I enjoyed the random unpredictability of the story. The art was adequate for the story etc. the animation was good. The sound was good with some great moments- like the stop/start of the car window and the scrape of the car side. Having experienced that bit where you know that your car is scraping, but you just have to drive and get out of it- yeah.
Some really dark moments. Really dark is OK.
Nothing really wrong with it but the girl's voice sounds a bit too inside rather than outside. Keep going, Bro.

happyclaw responds:

Thanks bro! Will do.

I'm at Soup with Mario and Luigi I'm at Soup with Mario and Luigi

This has got to be the highest rating I have ever given a short loop with no actual animation.

The pictures are great and the voices are GREAT- the humour made me slightly LOL. I am still listening to this as I write, and still smiling. I think I might go to bed with these voices in my head. I SO hope the Soup Squad see and adopt this!

The Last Sorcerer The Last Sorcerer

Very slow and not attractive, but an interesting idea. Not sure where it was going as I only completed two days before getting bored with the same people asking for the same things, very slowly. I think the buttons have poor hit areas or something. Liked the music.

My1st Dress Up Game My1st Dress Up Game

OK, it does work and it has music. It is a dressup, but no...
Its very basic, with so little options and interest that it holds no interest to me. The black garment with red stripe looks quite good but thats it.
Only dressups with a fair few options, preferably with some animation, maybe background options and better art than this would get over a 1 from me.

Its a start.

Dress Your Snowman! Dress Your Snowman!

Built 2 snowmen

+ it all works
+ it looks OK
+it has music

- Nothing added or special - most decent Dressups have a little animation etc. or alternative bgds.
- music dull
- I can't figure out what some of the items are- the dark double humps are?
- Spelling, so little writing, you could get it right

megadoctor responds:

Double Humps were supposed to be their feet, Sorry I'm not yet so good at drawing.

Thanks for reviewing.

-Orr- The English Kingdom -Orr- The English Kingdom

Of course its great! I've never heard any of your work that I didn't enjoy. Great track for a movie.

My only slight criticism is that it is a little too like your Christmas track. Do I just say that its your style... hmm not sure.

-Orr- Prelude -Orr- Prelude

Awesome, as ever! It has your recognisable style and conjures an image of an epic movie, so I hope it is one!

The ending made me yearn to know what happens next!
I wouldn't change a thing. As ever, I wish I could create submissions worthy of your music...
Maybe, one day!

Harry's Starbarians Theme Harry's Starbarians Theme

Its very good! Maybe the one you chose is a BIT better, but this is a good track and deserves to be used. Perhaps it was unfortunate to give it this name. I would use it. Its got the right heroic sounds and style, the right length etc.

Hot air Baloons Hot air Baloons

OK. Its kinda pretty and looks OK. I like the sunshine thing, although the shine on the side of the balloons does not correspond with it. The art is not very accurate, of course, with its wierd road and funny shaped balloons, but its stylised and cheerfulIt reminds me of seeing dozens of hot air balloons flying over London once many years ago. Some thing about the colours reminds me or stained glass windows.

XwaynecoltX responds:

Ok thank you

~X~

Wolf Wolf

good work

Looks good. Love the light effects etc.

Can't understand the pic, though. Falling seeds? Water? Wierd plants in the background?

To be honest, I don't think I would have identified the canine as a wolf, though I can't put my finger on what is wrong with it.

Flash_Mushrooms Flash_Mushrooms

Good, not great

The light on the mushroom makes it look like shiney plastic- great 3D effect, but not realistic for any mushroom I know. Also, the gills underneath come together at a point just in front of the stipe (stalk) instead of around it.

I don't have a problem with the green background except that it is only behind it- the mushrooms need to be growing in and amongst something- if you put a few blades of grass in front and around it, the problems your critics refer to would IMO dissappear.

Try studying some real fungi and improving this one- it would be a good excercise- everyone here draws people and faces- be different!