View Profile IceDragon64

All 267 Game Reviews

89 w/ Responses

Very slow and not attractive, but an interesting idea. Not sure where it was going as I only completed two days before getting bored with the same people asking for the same things, very slowly. I think the buttons have poor hit areas or something. Liked the music.

Built 2 snowmen

+ it all works
+ it looks OK
+it has music

- Nothing added or special - most decent Dressups have a little animation etc. or alternative bgds.
- music dull
- I can't figure out what some of the items are- the dark double humps are?
- Spelling, so little writing, you could get it right

megadoctor responds:

Double Humps were supposed to be their feet, Sorry I'm not yet so good at drawing.

Thanks for reviewing.

Good, but could be more challenging

I got all the questions right first time- although I admit that some where educated guesses.

To test it more, I did it again and got 10 right and 2 wrong. In some cases you can guess a likely answer, which got me through.

Funnily enough, I tried a THIRD time and got 3 wrong, despite having some of the same questions so I will stop now!

+sound good
-music limited and not interesting-needs more music
+art v good
+ animation good, though not interesting or at all ambitious
+ working OK - the walking man sometimes hesitates a second

It would be better if there was a leader board- the scores are pretty meaningless if you have no comparison.

The die should "fall down flat" when it reaches the number, it would look SO much better.

The walking man should look sad when he goes back some.

All in all a functional game, but not at all exciting -nothing memorable or interesting. Also, since you don't get told the right answers when you get them wrong you don't really learn anything.

Compared with my quizzes, which are so limited visually, this one looks SO professional, but the actual quiz is limited and uninspiring, with largely data/numbers questions which are dull.

Good Collection!

+Its funny,
+its a big collection.
+Mostly it looks OK and it works OK.

-No sound- could have music
-A few text errors, such as odd capitols- but not many
-The random element gets annoying after a bit as you see more and more of the ones you have seen, searching for more new ones
-A few of the background colours don't look good with the text
-Some form of credits would be good.

I gave you 3/5- it made me smile, which is the main thing

I like it

The game is not all that special, but its OK. The music is fine and it all looks good. The clothes options was a nice touch. I like to see a few feminine orientated things here- it makes a change. I think it is great to have a little promo of Childline, tho I am cautious of the idea of too much advertising on here.

good little game

Quite a simple game of its type, many others like it would have more levels.

However, it looked good and worked quite well. The graphics really looked good, making a simple mouse follower game into part of a theme of deactivating game was a good idea, with the sparky contacts in it and the bomb pix in the background.

The second part was a little unpredictable at the start- sometimes I clicked and ran the mouse round the circuit but nothing happened. Sometimes as I ran the mouse round the circuit, the overlay of instructions stayed there, which was distracting.

I played the game four times to give it a full review and to put the UK firmly at the top! I played cautiously at first and only detonated the bomb by running out of time on the third attempt. I see I have now been overtaken, but I am not going to fight that fight all night... well maybe just one more try!

very basic

doesn't do much, but at least it is what it says it is and I like the music!

Its got background, humour, art- what more do we want...?

... a point maybe!

Its a start, do more :)

Not ultimate

Doesn't tell me everything about audio, it doesn't say about the actionscript commands like stop all sounds.

It doesn't have very good spelling either, which doesn't give confidence in a tutorial

Explain

I've seen worse.

+ It has the basics of a workable game and it could be quite challenging.

- Explain in the game what is going on - are we supposed to know what is bad and what is good? Give at least the most simple storyline- the character should have a name or title and he should have an objective, even if it is simple and silly- that gives a sense of purpose to the game and a clue to what we are trying to do.

- Sound. I have to say that there is no way I would have passed it without any sound- its a must for almost anything here. If you have no mike you can still pick up sounds from sites and stick at least one in at the beginning.

- It looks pretty poor at present. The players character looks like an experiment in walking characters, not what one would present as a finished character on Newgrounds. It does at least have a background, with some attempt at art. Take a look at my art tut for ideas on how to improve your art.

- Unless I am failing to grasp this game it is unfinished. I end up with the character walking endlessly in midair. Please do not submit unfinished work to NG unless it is a worthy preview for a specific reason of something you really intend to finish.

- Make sure that when you finish this and either fileswap an improved version, or if it is truly worthy of our attention, resubmit a MUCH improved one, that it has credits in it for anything or anyone who helps, even if its just someone who gave a detailed review - hint hint.

This review is my response to your post. Somehow, we passed it through judgement- make the most of that.
Impress me with your ability to improve and learn. Best of luck!

Very good game

Enjoyable game. Kept us going up the levels. Challenging times! Good that it was difficult.

Lag got annoying.

Suggestion: NIGHT LEVEL really dark, only can see much with headlamps, which should have an upgrade option to make it possible.

Part of the Dragon & Spirit Alliance. My DS Halloween & Christmas Quizzes are in the 2006 Collections- Yay! Please view and review my flash. I always reply and I often use suggestions.

Andrew Irvine @IceDragon64