All 18 art Reviews

Hot air Baloons Hot air Baloons

OK. Its kinda pretty and looks OK. I like the sunshine thing, although the shine on the side of the balloons does not correspond with it. The art is not very accurate, of course, with its wierd road and funny shaped balloons, but its stylised and cheerfulIt reminds me of seeing dozens of hot air balloons flying over London once many years ago. Some thing about the colours reminds me or stained glass windows.

XwaynecoltX responds:

Ok thank you

~X~

Wolf Wolf

good work

Looks good. Love the light effects etc.

Can't understand the pic, though. Falling seeds? Water? Wierd plants in the background?

To be honest, I don't think I would have identified the canine as a wolf, though I can't put my finger on what is wrong with it.

Flash_Mushrooms Flash_Mushrooms

Good, not great

The light on the mushroom makes it look like shiney plastic- great 3D effect, but not realistic for any mushroom I know. Also, the gills underneath come together at a point just in front of the stipe (stalk) instead of around it.

I don't have a problem with the green background except that it is only behind it- the mushrooms need to be growing in and amongst something- if you put a few blades of grass in front and around it, the problems your critics refer to would IMO dissappear.

Try studying some real fungi and improving this one- it would be a good excercise- everyone here draws people and faces- be different!

Night_Lady Night_Lady

Nice pic

She is cute and reminds me of a friend of mine. The dress is lovely. I would love to see my girlfriend in it!

I would love to see her animated- maybe just something simple like waving at "camera", or curtseying in that lovely dress. I would love to see her break into a little smile - she looks serious.
Alternatively, are those bars on the windows? Does her family keep her in the house away from strangers? Is she sad, lonely and in need of flowers and birds to cheer her up?
There- your work inspires me!

We must work together more. When Femme Fatale is finished I will send you all the rest of my stories to choose from.

Never throw away usable work- you never know when you might want it. I have all sort of bits and pieces and they are all going into one of my forthcoming games.

MWC Pico MWC Pico

Looks good

Quite punchy and effective. Needs a little cleaning up, especially the arrows to be as clear and punchy as it could be. I like the glowing effect.

Cheetah Cheetah

Very good

good details, good texture. The head is well-shaded, but the body is a little flat.

Don't understand the background- what is it? A giant red cheetah?

Whilst this may be a perfect copy of an image of a cheetah, it doesn't reflect the very slim figure of the high-speed animal that the cheetah is. It may be an unfortunate angle, but it looks more like a leopard in that sense. Cheetahs are the greyhounds of cat family and they look like it.

Sawke responds:

ya the heads a little off i wanted it to look flat and graphic.

Stephen's Got a Gun Stephen's Got a Gun

Quite Good

The gun is slightly twisted in perspective from where the hand is and the handle, the barrel should point lower. Otherwise its OK.

WeHaveFreshCookies responds:

Thank you. =)

Landscape Landscape

Not bad

Quite simple, but OK.

Slightly gradient sky colour would help, I would remove the black lines on the edge of the hills and I can't make out what the dark green is on the left. Kinda like a cross between a tree and green smoke.

I imagine you could do better if you put your mind to it- maybe you should try sometime, just to have one good thing on your art profile.

a new NEWGROUNDS favicon a new NEWGROUNDS favicon

Sorry

Can't back this. I was one of the people who campaigned to save Tanksm.gf before the 07 changes hoping not to lose it. So many things have changed over the years its nice to keep some little things sacred.
To me this pic looks messy compared to our tank, however, I am sure I'm just biassed!
In fact, I can see that it is more like the big NG tank so I will give you a reasonable score.

Copper Dragon Copper Dragon

I like

Nice moon/water effect. Interesting pose for dragon. The placing of the forepaws is very human, indeed, possibly, with the alignment of the back paws, both towards us, too human. Kinda like a woman riding side-saddle.
Strange placing of wings, so far back on the body. Can't see how it would 'evolve' nor fly, but its different, at least.
I love dragons, so keep making dragons!

EchoRun responds:

Most of my dragons have the wings joined just behind and above the fore limbs - this is the same. This copy makes them look further back then they are.

As for the human looking side saddle pose, I have seen animals do this too. It is fairly common so I thought I would give it a go.

Thanks for the review. :)